Camping Kills [XOXO]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camping Kills [XOXO]

[XOXO] Team Community Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BF3 vs MW3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Huge

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:24 am

You guys know where my loyalties lie, but I'm open to BF3 as well.

I pre-ordered both, but Im going to cancel if we don't have any BF takers. If MW3 is what I hope it is, there won't be time for BF3 anyway.

I believe, however, if we spend some time learning BF, we'll find the overall experience more rewarding than MW3, but maybe less fun. I can see EA and Dice have spent a lot of effort on maximizing Frostbite and innovating/balancing gameplay. Infinity ward and Sledgehammer have taken "if it ain't broke..." approach, which I think we all can appreciate -- the gameplay and pacing just don't have rivals. Either way, we'd enjoy the experience.

There really isn't room for both.

I really want to fly an F-18 though....

Back to top Go down
SoulBlade213

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 am

I've had the same problem, but magnified, because I really only have time for one game with my school schedule. To be honest, I haven't touched my Xbox in weeks, and unfortunately I haven't cared. I think I'm pretty burned out on the campers, no scopers, and tubers. And in actuality, I played BF long before I played any CoD game. I'm really interested in BF3, it looks amazing, the content seems fresh, the style is new. I think BF is the better game, hands down, but we all know CoD will have more players, faster action, and many more 'holy shit did that just happen' moments, for better or worse. Then again, I'm also big on flight sims as well...
Back to top Go down
Huge

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:54 pm

I posted a video of quick-scoping in MW3 which is alive and well. Robert Bowling did say explosive power had been reduced which will potentially weaken the tubers out there. IW says they want to bring the focus back to guns.

I had so-so experiences with past Battlefield games on PC but admittedly gave the series an unfair shake.

Bad company 2 on 360 was tough for me to get into. Perhaps the learning curve was too steep for my level of commitment (and I sucked at flying choppers which was disheartening). Colleagues who play Bad company swear by it and say its a superior experience. They also concede that Call is a ton of fun, way faster, and totally different.
Back to top Go down
SoulBlade213

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 am

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered BF3. $60.00 off of Amazon, free two-day Prime shipping, free expansion, $20 Amazon gift card... limited pre-order offer.
Back to top Go down
Huge

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:18 am

That's funny, I cancelled my preorder the other day. The Beta turned me off to the MP experience. Steep learning curve. Let us know what you think when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
SoulBlade213

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:45 am

That's part of my issue with MW3: more of the same. I'll do a BF write-up for you guys when it arrives and I have a moment to play extensively.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 vs MW3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camping Kills [XOXO] :: General Discussion-
Jump to: